Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post on here about an engine that stalls. Mine does that sometimes too. For no reason, when I go to start it will turn over then immediately cut. All the electrical systems; lights, radio, etc...seem to work fine though. I try to re start and rev the engine, but it will again stall out. Usually on the third try, the engine won't turn over at all. After a short while, I can get in and it will just start again with no problem. I never know when it will happen and it makes me leery to venture in case I get stranded. Was there any resolve on this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two problems that can cause this are the camshaft or crankshaft position sensors. If you can get access to an obdII reader, they'll come up as p0320 and p0420. I had a similar problem where my 98 durango would run fine.. then just die out at random. Changing these sensors did the trick. If you're getting BOTH codes, my advice would be to change the camshaft sensor first. Because both sensors are on a common ground, if changing one has no result.. you know it's the ground rather than the sensor. The cam sensor is MUCH easier to replace, so you'll be saving yerself a Headache if ya end up not needing to change the other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.