Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you loose the low and medium speeds, do not blame the switch. Chances are that it is the resistor block attached to the air duct below the passenger side dash. Easy to replace and the part was cheap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it still may be the resistor. not sure if high bypasses the resistor or not. hmmm. not sure but I would go for the resistor. perhaps someone might have a schematic to determine if high speed goes through the resistor or straight to the blower?

·
Registered
1 Posts
02 Durango SXT

My wife complained that her blower was only working on high for a while, then the other day it quit all together. I figured it was the resistor. yesterday I tryed to fix it only to find one of the larger wires on the plug to the resistor was completely burned off the plug. I went to the junk yard in the pooring rain and got another resistor and the plug. came home and installed the new plug and resistor and still no blower. I checked all fuses and double checked wiring, still nothing. Any help? Does anyone know where to get a new (Brand New) plug for cheap? I called local dealer parts dept. they have it in stock but want $92.00 plus tax for just the plug.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you loose the low and medium speeds, do not blame the switch. Chances are that it is the resistor block attached to the air duct below the passenger side dash. Easy to replace and the part was cheap.
I bought a used 2002 Durango R/T with this same exact issue. Runs either on high or OFF. Could you please provide additional information on what it is I am looking for and where exactly under the passenger side dash. Does anyone have a part number or picture? Thanks for your assistance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.