Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For no reason my forward collision warning system on my 2012 Durango will shut off. It turns back on if I shut it down or just keep driving. The display says to clean my sensor but it is. Has anyone else had this issue?

· Registered
59 Posts
The sensor can get "dirty", and this message is not unheard of it you are driving in a rain storm (when you shouldn't be using the auto-cruise anyway), but if you are getting the message for no reason you should let the dealer know. There may be something lodged behind the sensor cover that needs to be removed.

· Registered
2 Posts
I am glad to see this message as I have had the same problem with my durango since I bought it in 2011. The FCW will intermittently not work and tell me vehicle system error or will turn itself off randomly when I am in cruise control. I took it to the dealer and they "fixed" the sensor but it is not fixed at all and continues to do the same thing. The dealer could care less and the service department is awful. It seems like this could be a flaw in the vehicle but the dealer will not acknowledge it. I also have intermittent problems with the driver's side window and I do not know if the two are linked. The dealer told me that can only investigate the problems if I bring the car in when the parts are not working but they are intermittent and by the time I get to the dealer they are working again.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer replaced my sensor and the problem has largely disappeared. I do find that sometimesit will shut off when I drive by the military base and some large power lines. I think there is an electrical interference from time to time.

· Registered
3 Posts
For no reason my forward collision warning system on my 2012 Durango will shut off. It turns back on if I shut it down or just keep driving. The display says to clean my sensor but it is. Has anyone else had this issue?
I bough my 2012 Citadel in 2014 starting in 2021 the FCW go's off by its self and even when my FCW is not engaged it will notify me that it is not working. I have taken my Citadel to 3 different dealerships and each of them stated they cannot reproduce the problem so they can't fix the problem. I called Chrysler and explained to them what is happening, Chrysler told me if the dealership can't find the problem then it can't be repaired. This circler BS seems intentional on the part of Chrysler to avoid repairing the $3,000.00 Forward Camera System. After all, look at how many Dodge owner are having the same problem. Chrysler took 2 years to fix the last recall for the fuel relay, turns out Chrysler was only sending ONE REPLACEMENT part PER MONTH to each dealership. I would love it if we dodge owner were to file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST Chrysler because this is a problem that endanger our lives. We paid our money in good faith, my truck is paid for and I should not be force to have to purchase another vehicle. Anyone interested in pursuing a class action lawsuit against Chrysler please reach out to me and less see if we can get some positive results.

· Registered
2 Posts
Yes. I have a 2013 Durango Citadel, and it turns off whenever I make turns or reach certain speeds with no traffic in site. It also slows the vehicle down after coming to a stop such as stop signs or traffic lights and acts as though I’m losing power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts