Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of our Durango took care of it but there are fine swirls/scratches all over the place. Ive always used PDP and Adams products but am looking for the best product to remove these scratches. Im getting ready to clay the truck in the next few weeks and want to remove these scratches during this 8 hr cleaning session. Any other advise on the best polish and wax for Flame Red would be great.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,547 Posts
The only thing I can think of is some fine polishing compound but don't go crazy with it. Use back & forth strokes, not a circular one. Also some Zaino #5 polish is also suppose to help hide swirl marks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After thinking about it more Im going use a buffer. Ive always done things by hand but when I looked at the size of the Durango I figure I would bit the bullet and buy a new power tool. I just dont know what pad is for what product. Im going to clay, use a swirl removing compound, polish, wax and glaze. So what type of pad should I use for each product? Im definantly getting excited for the end result already.

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,547 Posts
Wish I could help you but I don't know squat about power buffers other than be careful around the edges.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Meguiars Ultimate compound is a great over the counter product and if used correctly can remove most swirl marks/fine scratches. Doing it by hand will turn you into popeye so better off with a D.A Polisher and good polishing foam pads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A bit old thread but I will add the Optimum poli-seal. It's all in one product the removes fine scratches, polishes the surface and adds paint protection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
back in the day i used swirl out remover dont remember who made it but worked great on my 90 black ram. it came in a qt squirt bottle. it was a black liquid polish that when used with a buffer worked fantastic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts