Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, I picked up my COVID built TnG last year in June 2021. Ordered it the end of April 2021 and even made changes to the build after the order got to the factory. So far this is the best new vehicle I have ever had in 57 years of driving. Have not found a single defect yet. Some have had issues blamed on COVID era builds but I can honestly say mine was built very well.

BTW, my last job before retiring in Feb 2020, was managing a 5,000 + vehicle/equipment fleet. So, I have seen literally thousands of new vehicles before going into service and, also dealt with warranty/dealer/manufacturing defects etc. When I started with this company they were 90% Ford, 5% GM, 5% other & a few Dodge Mini Vans. After 8 years, I finally got them to consider RAM's and the first 5500's with Cummins convinced them to try some 1500's. The guys in the field were beside themselves with the new RAMS. Quality of the builds, materials and performance were so far above what they were used to, Rams became the go-to brand for the company. Most of the management changed from F150's and Explorers to RAM's, Jeep GC and Durango's.

I know we rarely hear from satisfied owners and people that are genuinely impressed with their possessions, and almost always hear from the people with issues. This can leave us with the impression that there are inherent problems with whatever the vehicle is. I just wanted to say that my experience Dodge and other Chrysler vehicles has been great. From my first Plymouth to my current Durango R/T and Jeep GC Limited. My second vehicle was a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere. From there I have owned and enjoyed many Chrysler products and even worked in a Dodge dealership in the mid-60's. I fondly remember the '68 Chargers when they arrived. Part of my job was prepping new cars so, I got first hand knowledge of any "fresh from the factory" issues. Even in the 60's they were few and far between. Flat rate for prep was 2 hours but I rarely used more than 30 minutes per car/truck to get them ready for delivery.

The last thing I am going to say is, that many of the questions/complaints I see on this, and other forums could be handled by simply reading the owners manual and/or contacting the dealer. I had some 3,000 + end user/employees and my first answer to their questions was usually, "Have you read the operators manual or contacted your local dealer?" They would usually call me back thanking me for the advise.

Having worked with dealers of all brands nationwide and even some in Canada and PR, the vast majority of them are good solid business' dedicated to customer satisfaction. In the rare case of a dealership service department NOT attending to a complaint, a phone call or email to the owner(s) of the dealership was usually enough to get the issue resolved. If that didn't work, the manufacturers stepped in and made sure we were happy.

This is a great forum with great participants and I enjoy reading of other owners experiences and the advice shared with us all. Thank you.

·
Registered
2022 Dodge Durango SRT
39 Posts
I agree with you 100%. I have driven every make and model of domestic car, mini-van and SUV in my 30+ years of driving company cars and managing fleet vehicles. I have to say that they all pretty much behaved in the same fashion. If you do the proper maintenance they will all get you past 100K without issue. Two of the best company cars I have driven were both Dodge Caravan's the second of the two I put 200K on before my new company car came in. Our current ride our 2012 Jeep SRT Grand Cherokee is one of the best SUV's we have ever owned. In ten years of ownership, she has given us little trouble and has for the most part just needed oil changes and brakes. We are very excited for our 2022 Durango SRT to come in. It is the last of the HEMI's and the reason we pulled the trigger and ordered one. I hope to interact with our fellow Durango owners. I am also on the Challenger Forum and the Hellcat Forum and I mus say the participation rate is much higher on both of these forums. I hope tom hear from some owners of SRT's on this forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My '21 DD RT with a build date of 11-21 and I bought off the lot was excellent, no issues at all.
I then ordered a '22 RT Plus with the TnG build date 2-26-22 I took delivery on 4-1-22, and found a few cosmetic issues, 2 body panels not lined up properly and a small paint issue by the rear taillight
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Vehicle Car Plant Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Tread

. The dealer is taking it in tomorrow 4-19-22 to correct the issues under warranty.
I'm happy with my purchase but 2 different builds just a few months apart makes me wonder about the QC like who was off that day when my '22 was built on a weekend where as the .21 DD was next to perfect. Just one of those things I guess.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes it's at the body shop now getting repaired. They gave me a Jeep Compass for a rental. It's ok but makes me miss my HEMI even more. I dropped it off Tuesday and they said maybe ready by tomorrow the 22nd of April
Yeah pretty much...they got the paint issue fixed along with the front bumper alignment...the quarter panel looks slightly better but still sticks out a little bit your average person wouldn't notice it just by looking at the vehicle. I'm can live with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts