Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into my 03 durango this morning and started it ..turn the fan selecter on and nothing ....nothing on any speed . What do you think is the problem ? Is it the selecter knob or the fan motor ?

Thanks in advance Kim .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine died today (it's a 1998). Battery died, and when I was replacing it I heard some weird heavy clicking from inside. Now the blower works fine on the lower speeds, just not on high. Is this more likely the resistor, or the switch?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Not sure on this one. But I do know the resistor is a very common problem. I believe the selector switch is a vacuum switch so it wouldn't have been making clicking noises by changing the battery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ha. This morning on my way to work, I turned on my heater (just the blower motor - the heat was already on, all I did was switch from the burned-out HI which I now use as "off" to the next lower speed), and a cloud of steam billowed out from under my right front fender. WTF?

a) What runs down there that's related to the heater?
b) Why would it do that just when I turn on the fan?

Oh yeah, and c) I hope it's not going to be too much of a pain to fix. :(

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Well, the box containing the heater core and the AC evaporator are mounted in a box under the dash that takes up nearly the whole right side under your dash. There is a drain tube that runs from this box to outside the firewall on the right side. Also, if you have rear heat/ac I think there is a coolant booster pump mounted to the rear of the right front fender.
Those are the only two possibilities I can think of the might cause steam to come from your right front fender. Did your Durango over heat? Is it low on coolant?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts