Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems getting their Homelink to work? I can't get mine to sync to my opener. I have a opener from 2002 with the rolling codes. I tried the rolling code instructions and still no luck! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just finished programming my 2011 Citadel to my home garage door opener(s) with rolling codes (Chamberlan). Did the programming as per the normal extended instructions for rolling code openers, and didn't think things were working at first.

By accident, I found that garage door operation requires a 1/2 second - 3/4 second press of the homelink button - not just a quick touch of the button.

Not sure why, but holding my finger pressed on the programmed button for just a touch longer makes all the difference in getting proper operation. :confused:

·
Registered
949 Posts
I don't really know to be honest. I've heard different things about the homelink with different years/models of MOPARs that have it. I did try to get my HomeLink in my SRT to work on roommate's garage door opener and my parents with no luck. I really do not know what type of codes it used to be honest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Resolved

Got a hold of Homelink, it seems the directions in the manual for Dodge doesn't give the right instructions for rolling code openers. You need to do both steps, with th remote then the button on the opener itself. Works great now!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Glad you got it firgured out. Perhaps you could post the updated instructions in the knowledge base for anyone that may have the same problem in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts