Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2011 Citadel that came with a 430N Media Center. Sirus subscriptions show the Radio and Backseat TV. When checking the Sirus website it shows I also have travel Link. And according to the vehicle User Guide I should also have Travel Link yet when I follow the directions to load it my Media Center doesn't show Travel Link. All I get are HDD, DISK, AUX, VES, AM, FM, SAT and TV. Any ideas on how to connect the Travel LinK?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Received answer

Travel Link software is being validated and they will be contacted via
mail when the upgrade is available. You will need to contact your
dealer to schedule an appointment to have the Radio updated with the
Travel Link feature. Customer Care will be calling each of the affected
customers. These customers will receive Travel Link feature when it
becomes available (targeted for April 2011) for the balance of their
Sirius audio subscription plus 1 year additional Sirius/Travel Link
Service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what Travel Link does (it's only available for the 430N radio/nav.):

Sirius Weather — National and Local Weather
Current and forecasted weather with radar images

Sirius Fuel Prices
Detailed fuel price information nationwide

Sirius Sports Scores
In game and final scores as well as weekly schedules

Sirius Movie Listings
Detailed local movie theatre listings, start times and ratings

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is what Travel Link does (it's only available for the 430N radio/nav.):

Sirius Weather — National and Local Weather
Current and forecasted weather with radar images

Sirius Fuel Prices
Detailed fuel price information nationwide

Sirius Sports Scores
In game and final scores as well as weekly schedules

Sirius Movie Listings
Detailed local movie theatre listings, start times and ratings
Travel Link is now available. I haven't seen the weather radar function yet, so I'll have to go look again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
And don't forget: "it's only available for the 430N radio/nav". I think that means that if you have a Citadel with the different nav, you might not have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my 730N has travel link. So, I think the 430 or anything newer should have it built in. Just got my Durango last week. Travel link works, but I cannot see the speed limit, or current speed. So, looks like they may have dropped some options at the same time as adding some new ones on the new head units.

·
Registered
59 Posts
my 730N has travel link. So, I think the 430 or anything newer should have it built in. Just got my Durango last week. Travel link works, but I cannot see the speed limit, or current speed. So, looks like they may have dropped some options at the same time as adding some new ones on the new head units.
I just posted another reply about this in a different thread. The 730 and 430 are both "new" units. Travel link is available in both, but the 730 also has realtime traffic. The speedlimit was not dropped, but rather the 430 has a Garmin nav which has that feature. The 730 uses a different "Dodge" nav system that does not have that feature. I believe what you get instead is better voice command integration.

In that sense, one unit is not better/newer than the other, they simply have distinct features. It's unclear to me why Dodge used the totally different nav systems unless they couldn't get the Garmin unit to fully integrate into the UConnect system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts