Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace our 2015 Durango SXT Plus (47,000 miles on it) with a 2021 RT. In the New England area there is not a big selection of Durango RTs on the dealer lots but plenty of 3.6 powered Durangos. There also seems to be a large number of RTs that are "In Transit". I cannot get an ETA on one that I am interested in. I am assuming that they are not in transit but waiting chips??? Has anyone heard anything related to this?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my experience with my build, it said pending final inspection while still in Detroit but not in transit until it left the factory lot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just ordered an Octane Red Durango RT with a few packages!! Thanks for the reply.
Ordering really is the way to go at this point, especially if you're looking for something specific. Congrats! Mine took about 6
weeks and that included a holiday weekend. I'm in NY.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m in CT. Almost bought one on Long Island NY but they did not have what they said they had.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had that happen 3 times b4 a salesman finally said...would you be interested in ordering one? I was like HELL YES! I didn't realize I could do that almost halfway into the model year 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received a letter form Dodge. The Durango I ordered on July 10 will not be delivered until October 15. That is 14 weeks. Holy crap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dude that sucks I'm really sorry! Between the flooding they had, materials shortages and Covid rates increasing it looks like just crappy timing. At least they contacted you though. Did you order yourself or through a dealer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Through a dealer. Sold our 2015 Durango SXT to Carmax. $23400. 6.5 years old Not bad. Next one I am selling is my 2017 Charger RT STP but not until October now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts