Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 R/T
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been thinking of doing the same just haven't worked it out yet. How did you go about it?
For the red lights, I used Oznium surface mount led’s. These are super tiny, but pretty bright. They come with self adhesive square on the back. One is mounted just to the left of where the intake snorkel goes under the hood gasket. On the passenger side it is stuck to the same radiator cover trim in about the same location under the hood vent. I used 14 gauge wire to daisy chain the wires together then continued up the inside of the right fender. All is in wire loom.
For the center scoop I bought two 10” led strips from O’Reillys. Don’t recall brand. These also had self adhesive backings. These are mounted glue side facing up inside the vent. The ends of the led strips meet at center of scoop and wired ends are on the outside ends of scoop. Wires were spliced together then spliced to 14 gauge wire ( about 10 feet) then passed through soft mesh wire loom. I snaked the wire/loom between the soundproofing and the hood to exit on drivers side at bottom where windshield washer tube is. Then fished the wire under the firewall plastic cover across the car to come out the passenger side. From there I passed it through the wire raceway under hood gasket.
The positive wire was spliced to the positive wire from the red lights coming from the front of the car. Then I fed it into the fuse panel where I used an add a fuse and shared it with they daytime running light fuse.
The ground wires were also spliced together then I added a round spade connector. I unscrewed the ground terminal nut inside the passenger fender well, place the spade connector under the base of the terminal nut then tightened nut ( I am pick so the spade connector faces downward- can’t see it when looking under the hood).
With the wire loom and hiding it well, to the untrained eye you cannot tell it’s a shade tree mechanic job. It is neat and clean.
I failed to mention all spices were heat shrink covered.
I am traveling for work so no garage at the hotel, but when it’s light out and I get a chance to take some pics I will post if you like.

·
Registered
2019 R/T
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the red lights, I used Oznium surface mount led’s. These are super tiny, but pretty bright. They come with self adhesive square on the back. One is mounted just to the left of where the intake snorkel goes under the hood gasket. On the passenger side it is stuck to the same radiator cover trim in about the same location under the hood vent. I used 14 gauge wire to daisy chain the wires together then continued up the inside of the right fender. All is in wire loom.
For the center scoop I bought two 10” led strips from O’Reillys. Don’t recall brand. These also had self adhesive backings. These are mounted glue side facing up inside the vent. The ends of the led strips meet at center of scoop and wired ends are on the outside ends of scoop. Wires were spliced together then spliced to 14 gauge wire ( about 10 feet) then passed through soft mesh wire loom. I snaked the wire/loom between the soundproofing and the hood to exit on drivers side at bottom where windshield washer tube is. Then fished the wire under the firewall plastic cover across the car to come out the passenger side. From there I passed it through the wire raceway under hood gasket.
The positive wire was spliced to the positive wire from the red lights coming from the front of the car. Then I fed it into the fuse panel where I used an add a fuse and shared it with they daytime running light fuse.
The ground wires were also spliced together then I added a round spade connector. I unscrewed the ground terminal nut inside the passenger fender well, place the spade connector under the base of the terminal nut then tightened nut ( I am pick so the spade connector faces downward- can’t see it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.