Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's what Ive done to the Exterior lights so far(actually my last one was about 5 months ago) but anyways i thought I'd share with everyone just because.

The HID's are 8K and installed myself.

The fogs are BLUE LED direct fit and is there just basically for show

The Parking lights (which are my pride and joy actually) are dual filament and are WHITE until you actually use the blinker and they turn amber (modification was required for these lights to the hole in the light housing)

The tails and all lights in the back are dipped BLACK and are LED also EXCEPT for the actual brake light (cant find a good LED brake light to show through the black very well in the day time)

Also that's an aftermarket TOW bar which took a lot of research to find; no rubbing or touching on my bumper and no modification was needed for that (the rear body kit on the heat and r/t sits a little lower then the standard models)

If anyone has any questions or comments or suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Very nice. That's a clean look. Do the tails reflect red at night?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Please elaborate more on the tail lights being "dipped in black". That looks awsome and think it would look good on my white Crew as well.

Clean lighting on the front. I think it is a major improvement over stock.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I used a product called VHT Nite-Shades on mine. You spray it on like paint one light coat at a time. Once you got them as dark as you want them you spray several coats of clear coat on to make them shine like the rest of the car.
Be sure to check your state's laws regarding the color and reflective requirements of your tail lights first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question: Did you ever have trouble with the hids interfering with the tpms? I recently installesd hids on my 2012 D and whenever i am on the road and my lights go on the low tire pressure warning lights come on for the warming up period of the hids and then the warning light turns back off..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts