Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can I level the front of my truck with the rear by using stock torsion keys or do I have to order a leveling kit for the torsion bars. I figure I have to come up 3" to be level with the rear

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 07, and I'm looking into the same deal with raising the front of mine. Would it be required to get an alignment after raising the front end?.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alignment after lifting

Yep!!!
An alignment is necessary after a lift. it knocks your Caster & Camber out. I didn't have to buy any special keys, the stock worked fine. Just don't endo (crank them all the way to the end of the bolt). I got a three inch lift.

P.S. Don't forget the head light alignment. @ 25 ft. you headlights should be centered at the height the center of your lamps off the ground. Use a wall or your garage door, or pay to have them done. cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know I'm late with this one...

I have an 07 as well. Would I be able to use stock length shocks up front? I didn't know what the max is they extend to. With my Silverado I had to get new, longer shocks when I did the leveling kit. Also any suggestionsfor a shock that gives a great mix of street comfy, and great is off road?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey karlduran, thanks for the response. In most of my research for shocks and leveling kits, I have found that there has been no adjustable shocks for trucks and suv's with torsion keys up front. I've not tried Bilstien yet. I'm going to look after this comment. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts