Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I am new to the forum. I'm a very proud owner of an 07 Durango Limited with a HEMI V8. My 25th vehicle purchase and by far the best vehicle I've ever bought, except I am having trouble with the power lift gate. When I try to open the gate, it beeps and tries to open, but stops, then ultimately ends up closing on it's own. When I'm trying to open it, if I help it along for a couple inches it will open. It's just the initial "boost" to get it going. When opened, if I hit the key fob or the interior button, the gate closes just fine, it has plenty of power as I've closed my finger in it. OUCH !!!. I bought new hydraulic shocks from the dodge dealer and that didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated, and I look forward to many years of being on this forum and talking Durango Shop to all of you good Durango owners.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I don't have a lot of experience with this but perhaps the motor is getting weak and just doesn't have enough "umph" to get the liftgate moving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have an 07 D with that same automatic door..
If it were me (with my truck) I would 1st check for any jams. Perhaps even drop the seats down, crawl in the back and watch it open and close. see if it's jamming or if it's gears slipping.

Let me know what you find out.. I have a full parts breakdown of the entire truck :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Computer, go figure

I had the same issue and ended up taking it to a dealership...they flashed the computer and the problem went away (charge me $100 to do it, ugh). I also found a TSB for it...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Power Lift Gate

Got a similar problem with my 2009 Limited. Power lift gate will open to the top limit but then close on it's own and lock closed. I've replaced the lift support pistons but it still won't stay up. I ended up placing a padded stick to hold it up. Is flashing the computer the only solution? Where can I find the TSB on this problem?:4-dontknow:

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,554 Posts
Got a similar problem with my 2009 Limited. Power lift gate will open to the top limit but then close on it's own and lock closed. I've replaced the lift support pistons but it still won't stay up. I ended up placing a padded stick to hold it up. Is flashing the computer the only solution? Where can I find the TSB on this problem?:4-dontknow:
I believe both recalls & TSBs show up here, just plug your VIN in.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues

·
Registered
1 Posts
extra parts

:smiley_thumbs_up:I bought a 2008 Durango about 6 months ago an ex police vehicle and absolutely love it. It's got the 4.7 V8 but has plenty of power and runs great. I have since bought 2 others 05's as tinkerers and parts cars. one run fine the other not so much. If anyone needs parts email me I have many spares.:smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts