Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I am new to the forum. I'm a very proud owner of an 07 Durango Limited with a HEMI V8. My 25th vehicle purchase and by far the best vehicle I've ever bought, except I am having trouble with the power lift gate. When I try to open the gate, it beeps and tries to open, but stops, then ultimately ends up closing on it's own. When I'm trying to open it, if I help it along for a couple inches it will open. It's just the initial "boost" to get it going. When opened, if I hit the key fob or the interior button, the gate closes just fine, it has plenty of power as I've closed my finger in it. OUCH !!!. I bought new hydraulic shocks from the dodge dealer and that didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated, and I look forward to many years of being on this forum and talking Durango Shop to all of you good Durango owners.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,554 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NC! Sorry, can't help with your issue. Glad you joined, enjoy!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Welcome.... I offered my suggestion in your other post. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - Lift Gate Problem Resolved

Thanks, I put new hydraulic shocks on the gate, that didn't help. Motor seems to be strong, but I could be wrong. I ended up looking up in the gate latch itself, there was a little rubber stopper in there that seems to be worn down. I placed something similar in the little gap and that helped. I also noticed the metal hook on the floor that the gate latches to had some wear on it, looking as if it may create some resistance when the gate tries to open. I filed it down a tad to get rid of any extra friction that the gate may run into when trying to open, and it seems to work okay now. Weird problem, I'm thinking maybe it was rear ended and maybe something is lined up exactly right. Nothing on CARFAX, but you know what that's worth.....

Either way, I think I figured it out, thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts