Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Clicked on the "Application Look up" and the only thing that popped up for the "12 Dodges is the L bodies and that's it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I haven't heard anything yet. I'm still looking for some.

·
Registered
949 Posts
You could always cut the ones you have.
I'm trying to avoid doing that. Also I have a concern with the Level Suspension system... if I drop mine will that affect that system at all? I haven't even seen it used yet.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I'm trying to avoid doing that. Also I have a concern with the Level Suspension system... if I drop mine will that affect that system at all? I haven't even seen it used yet.
You mean the Nivomat auto-leveling rear suspension? It shouldn't hurt anything as long as you dont go too low. I put SRT springs on my wife's R/T Charger. It dropped about an inch. The ride is a bit stiffer but that's to be expected. That was about 2 years ago and still no issues.

·
Registered
949 Posts
You mean the Nivomat auto-leveling rear suspension? It shouldn't hurt anything as long as you dont go too low. I put SRT springs on my wife's R/T Charger. It dropped about an inch. The ride is a bit stiffer but that's to be expected. That was about 2 years ago and still no issues.
That will work....

·
Registered
949 Posts
Does anyone know about how much $$$ the kit will start at?
I haven't seen any prices. Much less anything about a kit at all as of yet.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I had to cut mine(back) to even it out with (front) and the rear ride level still works fine
And there's your answer. You can cut the springs to lower the rear and still not have adverse effects on the auto leveling system.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
949 Posts
That's an idea....

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is the only way to go besides full air ride replacement....I called Eibach and they scrapped all Durango suspension stuff for the new gen and no one else makes any. However......with the release of the 2014 coming out and it is supposed to be slightly lower there may be an increased interest in R&D for suspension kits. But as for now cutting the springs is the only way to go......be gentle if you go extreme you will hate your ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cutting the springs???

That is the only way to go besides full air ride replacement....I called Eibach and they scrapped all Durango suspension stuff for the new gen and no one else makes any. However......with the release of the 2014 coming out and it is supposed to be slightly lower there may be an increased interest in R&D for suspension kits. But as for now cutting the springs is the only way to go......be gentle if you go extreme you will hate your ride.
...I looked under my 2013 Durango R/T and the rear coils are wound smaller at the top and bottom. How are you guys cutting them with out problems with the coil sitting correctly on the frame and lower rear trailing arms??? which end are you cutting, top or bottom of the rear? Has any one tried cutting the front coils from the top yet? I am thinking of trying it out...

·
Registered
949 Posts
That's good to know. A lot of Durango owners out here in El Paso have been bugging me about info on this.

Air bagging it is then....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found the new Eibach rear sway bar E40-51-022-01-01 for Jeep Trackhawks and apparently it bolts right up to my 2011 Durango RWD 5.7 with no issues. 100 times bigger too. Can’t wait to test drive it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts