Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 1st Gen Durango with the 5.9L engine has a well known problem. The "keg" style intake manifold comes with a thin aluminum pan on the bottom of it. For whatever reason, Dodge decided it needed no gasket. Well, no gasket leads to leakage. One way to tell if yours is leaking is to look down the throttle body into the intake manifold. If you see oil pooling then your belly pan is leaking by.

In stead of replacing my pan only to have it leak again in the future, I decided to trplace the manifold. I put the Mopar M1 manifold on and have had no problems with leakage since. I was a fairly simple switch. Plus, I got a small increase in HP.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
my dakota has that same keg intake, i havent checked it for oil (been meaning too) it only has 75k miles on it so i bet it does have some

anyway, they sell gasket kits for the OEM intake and i was wondering if that would fix the issue as well. for less than 50 bucks, its a lot cheaper than replacing the whole intake (which i want to do anyway)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure a gasket kit would work. But when I changed mine they didn't make the kit. Besides, I wanted the new intake.
Either way it shouldn't be a big job. The only problem I ran into was I broke the connector for the coolant temperature sensor on the manifold and had to find a replacement. Took me a few days to find that thing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah thats what i want to do as well, get the M1 intake. was looking on ebay for some and found a single plane and a dual plane, both were less than 100 bucks on the bidding

whats the diff? single vs dual?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts