Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello every one i have a 2004 dodge durango and i took off the muffler off from the bigger muffer that is under the truck and would like to know if i did any harm and should i put it back can i leave it on untill i need a smog check

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,566 Posts
I am assuming that you either removed the muffler or the resonator. Neither should have anything to do with a smog check. Catalytic converter is a different story.

·
Registered
18 Posts
which if you don't live in Cali you'll be fine as far as smog test go. I live in NC and we dont have smog test. It's just the emissions. Even if you cut your cat off you still shouldn't have any trouble. I cut my cat out of my 00 Rango. Knock on wood i haven't had any trouble. But grant your MPG go down so much. I would highly suggest a high flow cat and no muffler sounds good! Running dual from a Y split thats what im looking into doing. But as far as no muffler the truck should pass inspection fine with no muffler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.