Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a knack for modding all my cars, within the first month, I have added an airraid intake, magnaflow mufflers, brushed aluminum mopar
pedals, the wheels are powder coated black, has black tint, clear bra, debadged, front dodge emblem changed to the mopar one, and rear has a red challenger RT emblem and nothing else. I'll post pics soon, quite dirty right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Me too

I just bought a 2012 black R/T. I have tinted the front windows to match. The next step is to powdercoat the wheels. I would love to see your wheels. Did you go flat or gloss black? Did the Airaid intake make a noticeable difference? I intend to debadge too, but I really like the idea of the Challenger red R/T badge, where did you get that? I have been mulling over addint R/T stripes on the hood. The same as the challenger has, two approximate 18 inch stripes canted backward from the hood back. If I do the hood I was thinking charcoal black. Just enough contrast to see if you look, but not stand out. Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I have a knack for modding all my cars, within the first month, I have added an airraid intake, magnaflow mufflers, brushed aluminum mopar
pedals, the wheels are powder coated black, has black tint, clear bra, debadged, front dodge emblem changed to the mopar one, and rear has a red challenger RT emblem and nothing else. I'll post pics soon, quite dirty right now.
Welcome from Texas. It's good to have you here. I think you will find that a lot of us here don't have a problem modding our rides no matter how new.
I just put one of those MOPAR emblems on the grill of my 06 Charger SRT8. I love it.

I just bought a 2012 black R/T. I have tinted the front windows to match. The next step is to powdercoat the wheels. I would love to see your wheels. Did you go flat or gloss black? Did the Airaid intake make a noticeable difference? I intend to debadge too, but I really like the idea of the Challenger red R/T badge, where did you get that? I have been mulling over addint R/T stripes on the hood. The same as the challenger has, two approximate 18 inch stripes canted backward from the hood back. If I do the hood I was thinking charcoal black. Just enough contrast to see if you look, but not stand out. Thoughts?

Thanks!
I'm loving the idea of the R/T stripes in flat black. Subtle but effective.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried the those very matte black stripes... A pain to get all the bubbles out and wasn't quite sold on the look. I like to keep folks guessing and get a lot of second looks. It snowed last night but I'll get pics up this weekend. Gonna remove the stock sub and throw in an amp and shallow sub in the same compartment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Curious!!!

I have a 2012 Citadel and IMO the badges makes it look that much better. I also like for people to know what type of vehicle it is as they stare at it when I drive by them. As a matter of fact I added two extra badges (HEMI 5.7L) to my Citadel. Can you tell us why debagging? In any case, that's the beauty of owning a car. People can do whatever they want and as long as they like it then more power to them. Good luck with your R/T. Post Pics, Curious to see what it look like once you are done with your mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Blue659,

Where did you put the HEMI badges. I just bought two for my 2012 Black Crew and can't decide whether to put them on the front door on each side or the front fender in line with the top of the tire.

If you could post a picture, that would be very helpful and appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.