Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a 99 durango 4X4 5.9 SLT. I have a intermittent ABS & Brake light, I want to change the wheel speed sensor, however I dont know where it's located or how many are on thee vehicle, can somone help me out? Thank you in advance:4-dontknow:

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,554 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NC! Not sure about the wheel speed sensor but the speed sensor for the speedometer is located in the top of the differential. That's the one I had to change on my 2000 Dakota to cut the lights off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Z from NC! Not sure about the wheel speed sensor but the speed sensor for the speedometer is located in the top of the differential. That's the one I had to change on my 2000 Dakota to cut the lights off.
Hi Z,

Rippin Challenger btw. Yes that is the one Im taking about. Ive had it changed twice, & it fixed the light both times. This time I will do it myself. The spider gears wore out in that Diff. so got one off of a Durango in a junk yard that only had a 100k on it for $375, & I installed that on there, so I don't know how old the speed sensor is on the Diff. Im running now.

However the first 2 times I had the speed sensor changed I had a constant brake/abs light, this time it is intermittent. I think the abs is working because I can't lock up the brakes. I have been told I might it might be a brake control module which I found out is a Dodge part only & is $400.

I would like to know your thoughts on this, thank you.

Respectfully,
Michael A Smith

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I would start by replacing the speed sensor on the diff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts