Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

New guy with a Problem

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tymont 
#1 ·
I just got home today with my new citadel. When I pulled it in the Garage tonight, under the florescent lights, I noticed at least 50 small imperfections under the paint on the hood. My guess is that it's dirt or something else under the paint. I've marked all the spots with a piece of tape making it easier for me to show the dealer tomorrow. Is this a common problem? I have a 2010 Challenger, it has a few spots but nothing like this. I'm not sure what I'm going to ask the dealer to do, I just know that for close to $50,000 the hood shouldn't look like this. Any advise would be very helpful.

#3 ·
Had that same issue when we got the wife a 2011 v6 Mustang last fall. Looked like some kind of small paint smears all under the clear coat. is that what you're seeing?

We took it back to our salesman, then to the detail guy.. he buffed it out and it looked ok.. but even now (a year later) I still see areas of the same thing. not really much we could do

#4 ·
My Durango doesn't have these or that I have noticed yet. But my 2011 Ram does have a few I didnt do antyhing about them as I figured I almost rather leave them be then have the dealer scrap it out and repaint, but on the truck they are kinda not in a noticable spot.

If your unhappy take it back to dealer for rework.

But it seems to be the norm with all the 2009-2012 CJDR products, and i just dont get it because its a "tiny rock" and how a paint inspector misses that is beyond me.
At my work we paint aircraft and that would not "Fly"!!!

#5 ·
Thanks for the Info. Guys. I went back to the dealer, they wanted to buff it, I told them I wanted the guy that has done all my body work for the last 30 years to see if he could fix it. They let me take it to him, he sanded down the complete hood and buffed out 98% of the problem. The top has a bunch of the same crap in the clear coat, It's high enough up that I can't see it without getting on a ladder, so I'm not going to worry about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.