Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I am new to this forum but am no stranger to car forums. Specifically, the cadillacowners.com forum and two Impala forums (NAIOA and Impalaforums.com). I am a Forum Super Moderator on the latter.

I don't own a D yet, but the latest generation (3rd gen) model has made my short-list for replacing my wife's current vehicle. I plan to purchase in the next few months and am thinking of an AWD loaded Crew or an AWD Citadel. Hoping to find a gently used 2011 or 2012.

I currently drive an 09 Impala SS with a fair amount of minor mods. Previously, I had a stream of SUVs, usually purchasing or leasing a new one every 2-3 years. Before the 09 SS, I had an 07 Escalade, 06 SRX AWD V8, 01 Tahoe LT Autoride , 99 Tahoe LS. When the economy got tough and the 2 year lease on the Escalade was ending, I decided to get into something less expensive and bought the SS. While I have truly enjoyed it, we need another AWD SUV in the household, so that will replace my wife's 2001 Cadillac SLS, which we bought when it was 18 mos old.

I am hoping to gain some knowledge and insight here in helping me to make my purchase decision. Also in the running is the Traverse LTZ, Acadia Denali, and the new style SRX. My wife really likes the SRX, but I think it is just too small. I drove a few Durangos (new) last week and like them a whole lot better than the Lamdas (Acadia/Traverse/Enclave). I am used to only driving powerful V8s but I was really impressed with the power of the V6. I thought for sure I would want the HEMI, but I am not so sure now.

Todd (Lansing/East Lansing MI)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Welcome from Texas.
I don't have the new Durango... yet. But I have owned my 2000 R/T since new and have loved it. I have recently test drove several 3rd gen Durangos and found that I like the Citadel the most. I can't say I would ever need the AWD where I'm at though. The six cylinder is surprizingly powerful. However, if you're going to do any towing the Hemi is definately the way to go. But if it's going to be a daily driver with limited towing, the 6 should be just fine.

I currently own two Hemi powered vehicles. An 06 Charger R/T and an 06 Charger SRT... I do love the power of the Hemi.

Glad you joined.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, gorgeous Challenger by the way! ^^^

I definitely like the Citadel best (who wouldn't?), but I am not sure it is cost justified to me over a Crew with all the options I want (Leather, rear camera, memory seats, etc) . I will have to really cost analyze when the time comes as to whether I want to step up to the Citadel for some additional options I want, and some I don't care about. I don't plan to do any towing with it and it will be my wife's daily driver, so despite shocking myself, I am leaning towards the V6. Historically, I have, without question, always bought V8s if they were offered as an option. I have never owned a car with less than the top dog engine. Maybe I am getting old.... LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.