Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and thank you for having a forum for us. I own a 2000 Dodge Durango RT 5.9L
I love this vehicle. Bought it new, never had any real trouble with it until some crashed into it a few years ago, (other than the doors freezing shut in the winter and if I floor the gas it hessitates and pings before it throws you back in the seat). Had the Dodge repaired from a pro shop and thought all was well. Now I have the right rear tire wearing long before the rest, my passenger side door lock jams, and the driver's side window does not like to go up without me guiding it. It also has a small antifreeze leak which I have not found, (I did have the heater core replaced at a shop) and a real small oil leak which I think might be coming from the driver's side valve cover. Now I think the transmission has gone which is why I came looking for a site like this. I love my truck even with its faughts. It has never let me stranded, I've never gotten stuck to where I had to dig myself out, and never had to leave any thing or any one behind because of space or power. I do not want to give up on her, she even managed to get my daughter home when the trans gave out, it just took a long time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome to the ForumZ. Thats what i love about the 1st generation durangos they are strong and reliable. They might get a few small problems but they just keep going.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I have the same ride. A 200 R/T 5.9L. I also bought mine new and have loved everything about it. Currently my heater core needs to be replaced and my AC has a leak. Also the trans is starting to slip but hey... I just turned 170,000 miles this morning.
With a small amout of work I believe I can double that milage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts