Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have a clue what it means? The durango I just bought has been wrecked and the previous owner replaced the whole doghouse, radiator, computer and a few other things and they told me it drove fine for a while but kept throwing that code and they have tried to fix it several times with no luck. Is it the PSOM or just a bad conection?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just realized I posted this in the 2nd gen 2004-2009, I am sure it can get moved.

They bought a new computer from dodge and had it programed. That one went bad or something along them lines then purchased another and had it put it in. Now they had it sitting for almost a year and he stole the front seats to put into his 1 ton dodge truck. He also has the dashboard pulled apart and says the tach, speedo and fuel guage dont work, he said he was looking around under the dash and had his hands oin some vacume lines and it came back on for a second. Also he said the fuel pump wont come on either btw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Now if some one has a similar problem in the future they can use the search function and find this thread to help repair theirs or at least get them pointed in the right direction. I will post up as I am fixing it with pics.

I am sure I will figure it out, I am pretty good at those kind of things. I was really wanting to know what "no bus" means. I am guessing it is something between the new ECU and the PSOM.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The no bus problem is pretty common among older durangos. Usually turns out to be the PCM. It seems that they can get hot and warp the cirtuit board causing stress cracks in the circuits over time. But with all that's been taken apart on yours it could very well be just a loose connection.

No bus in its simplest form means that the guage cluster is not recieving data from the PCM. So it doesn't know what to display.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So now I have it out in my shop and have looked around on it some.

It turns over fine and has fuel presure but no fire. I did also notice that the gauge cluster was not reading anyamps or fuel level and got to moving some wires around. There was a small bundle of wires coming through under the dash right near the firewall at the tranny hump on the drivers side that I had moved around and insantly the fuel pump primes and now it is showing amps on the guage. I am guessing there are either some chaffed or loose conections there. But why would there not be any fire at the plug wire?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.