Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1999 Durango SLT 5.9L truck last year, after about 6 months I pulled over on the freewy and my ttruck has been messed up since, I have had the headgaskets changed, transmission done, and radiator replaced, The mechanic that worked on my truck changed the radiator system to a 4x4 system and added a condensor. My truck is still overheating I never let it get in the bred and haven't driven it as to not make it worse, I was told to check the thermostat, did that and realized there wasn't one in there, I went and put one in and that didn't fix the problem and to top it off its now steaming out of that area now as well gasket put on and all. I have no idea what else to check or what would make the truck still overheat I paid 3000 for the truck and so far have put about that into repairs!!! Help I dont know what else to do or what to look at now. I

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I've been just battling an overheating problem with my 2000 durango. I have just solved it after weeks of fighting with it lol. Also no heat. Proper fluid level fixed the problem. All of the parts I had to replace were defective so. Things you could do check/ replace. Thermostat you did. Rad you did. Water pump working? Replace it leaking or squeezing on startup. I just replaced all of these. Still over heating until I realized I was really low on coolant. Steam coming from your thermostat area probably means it too low on fluid. Take your cap off the top rad hose and fill till it won't take nemore. Run it up to temp. Shutdown wait a bit to cool down. Try and refill more until it won't take nemore.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 Hemi
2 Posts
My 2011 Dodge Durango crew hemi has 140,000 MI and it was overheating a while ago but I could just turn the heat on to make it go down. I replaced both hoses I've replaced the thermostat twice I've flushed it and added new antifreeze, but now I can't even go one mile without getting up to 240° or really overheating. I took the thermostat out and it was fine but I know that's not a permanent result fix. So when it overheats my top hose is real tight and cold and the bottom hose is hot. I'm stuck I don't know what to do people are saying it's a blown gasket a bad head etc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts