Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 citadel and last Saturday I went to get out of the vehicle and the radio and screen would not shut off even after I opened the drivers door. I went into the store for about half an hour, after coming out it was stilling playing. I shut off the screen and muted the radio but the screen on the radio and the dash still stayed on in a ghosted gray. I read on the net that if you push the volume and tune buttons at the same time, it will reset the radio, I did this and it shut off the radio. it has now worked good for a week but obviously there is something wrong somewhere. anybody else have this kind of problem yet?

·
Registered
115 Posts
the door switch is to ground out and the radio shuts off through the body computer.did the switch get stuck? next time try the other right side front door ? If it still happens then go back to dealer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
radio doesnt shut off

yes i tried the other door and it still wouldnt shut off. even if it is the door switch, the radio should still shut off within 5 minutes of shutting off the vehicle as that is what i have it programmed for in the screen settings. it happened again this weekend so i guess i will have to take it to the dealer like you suggested. i heard this style of radio has been a problem in the new trucks, but havent heard anything about the durango, but i guess there are probably 20 or more trucks around for 1 durango.

·
Registered
111 Posts

That happened to me a few times on my old 2012 citadel . Thankfully that is not an issue with my 2014 Citadel. IMO , the 2014 system is a huge improvement from the 2012. However, I noticed a couple of things that are kind of annoying. Sometimes the volume goes up when I accelerate. I know about the radio setting to increased volume to compensate for engine noise but it's been at the off position since the day I got it.

The other issue is that the bass reset itself when I use the Sirius Radio. I am not talking about the display itself, just the bass level. When I checked the settings, it was at the same level (Usually two bars up from the middle). To fix that I moved the level down once and then back up to two bars over the middle and the bass returns.

The last thing has to do with texting. When I first paired my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), I received every single text via the radio and was able to reply but now I only get a few of them. I had to said that, all of those issues started after the last uconnect update Maybe the update had a few bugs. I am bringing it to the dealership soon to see if they can fix those issues. I just hate to bring it for little things like that but little things like that could get annoying fast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2021 durango Gt and there is time that the radio screen freezes and I can't do anything. I touch all the screen still nothing. It already happened 3 times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a 2021 durango Gt and there is time that the radio screen freezes and I can't do anything. I touch all the screen still nothing. It already happened 3 times.
this is a long shot but you aren't pushing the screen off button by mistake are you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. Brought it to the dealer today and there was nothing they could do. What have you done?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This has happened to me a few times too but my assumption was just that the satellite signal was messed up or I'd done something wrong bc I'm still learning about the tech daily. I guess we'll see as time goes by. 🤷‍♀️ Where should we report issues we find so that things get fixed? Anyone know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it's got the 10.1" screen with UConnect 5, there are many known software bugs. There have been many promised, overdue updates that have missed their rollout dates. Many cannot get a clear answer from Stellantis as to when to expect a fix. Luckily, I have the 8.4" UConnect 4, which doesn't appear to be affected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts