Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i am new to this forum. i obviously have issues thats why i registered here, hoping to get some answers. i bought a 2012 durango citadel about 3 weeks ago. to make a long story short, the memory presets i have setup for the position of the seats and radio keeps being erased and revert back to default settings. this has happened 3 times already. usually once a week. it happened again yesterday. this i starting to be a little annoying. does anyone else experience this and what can be done to correct the problem.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I don't own a new Durango, but from what I can see in pics, isn't the set button between the 1 and 2 buttons on the driver side door just beneath the windows switches? If so, you may be inadvertantly erasing the memory. I know when I drive I set my knee against the door in this location. If you happen to bump the "S" button and then either the 1 or 2 button within 5 seconds, you will erase the settings for that button.
If you ask me, that's a bad location to put that set of buttons.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
excellent point, that is so obvious that it gets overloooked easily. my leg is contstantly brushing up against is. i will make a more concerted effort to pay attention and if it still does it then i will go to the dealer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Problem persist

My problem is definitely not cause by my leg resting on the buttons . It is physically impossible. Mine is still doing it. As a matter of fact I now have another issue that could very much be related. Yesterday I noticed that all the radio stations presets were gone and that included the SAT. I am on my second radio unit (730N). My first one was replaced at around 100 miles due to freezing when I used the HDD. I know that you will get a message on the radio once the seat/mirror settings are saved but I am not sure if the settings are saved on the radio unit itself. I am going to the dealer tomorrow (4/9/2012) because they need to replace the intermediate shaft on my 2012 Citadel due to popping on steering column while braking/accelerating and turning and I will ask about the radio issues. Anyone with popping on steering column/wheel, I have a post in regards to that issue. See link below...
http://www.durangoforumz.com/showthread.php?t=585&highlight=column

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.