Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just broguht home our new Durango and love it. Trouble is that our garage clearance is only 3 inches higher than the Durango and the Sirius XM antenae sticks up about 5 inches. It is flexible and will bend but I would like to find one that doesnt hit the garage as I beleive eventually is will brake something. It does screw out and I have taken it off as a temporary fix.

Can anyone direct me to an antenae that lies more flush wich I could screw in to replace this one?

I really appreciate the help and any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
We just broguht home our new Durango and love it. Trouble is that our garage clearance is only 3 inches higher than the Durango and the Sirius XM antenae sticks up about 5 inches. It is flexible and will bend but I would like to find one that doesnt hit the garage as I beleive eventually is will brake something. It does screw out and I have taken it off as a temporary fix.

Can anyone direct me to an antenae that lies more flush wich I could screw in to replace this one?

I really appreciate the help and any suggestions. Thanks
You're not alone. I've been wacking my antenna every day in and out for the last several months. I even raised my garage door travel to the max to get it out of the way as much as possible. The antenna is pretty flexible, so no damage so far, but I'd like to find a replacement as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is a solution to all that hate the RC Car tall antenna on the Durango. I've hit mine on the garage door as well, but more so I don't like it. Everything is nice and sleek accept that tall satellite antenna attempting to channel those deep in outer space, lol.

Check out ebay and the following:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260963313804?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Agency-Powe...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a051a0651&vxp=mtr

Looks great! But one site is selling it for 10 bucks, and the other is 55! What's the difference? For 10 it might be worth a try. But for 55, I'll get mine replaced a few times under warranty before I go that route.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No difference from what I can see. I ordered the $10 one, so I'll let all know how it does. And I believe the antenna is for AM/FM radio and not the XM as posted. If you look atop the Durango, you should see a small low-profile "box like" antenna as well. I believe this is the XM reciever. My 07 Charger has the same low-profile antenna, and Radio antenna is built into the rear glass.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No difference from what I can see. I ordered the $10 one, so I'll let all know how it does. And I believe the antenna is for AM/FM radio and not the XM as posted. If you look atop the Durango, you should see a small low-profile "box like" antenna as well. I believe this is the XM reciever. My 07 Charger has the same low-profile antenna, and Radio antenna is built into the rear glass.
Did you ever get this installed? How does it look, and more importantly how does it perform?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.