Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just bought a 99 durango slt and the horn doesnt work and when you press the horn it lights up the right side turn signal indicator inside the cluster and when you press the cruise button the wipers come on. Also the left turn signal works properly but the right side blinks fast and the light is dimmer than the left side when lit up. Trying to find out what i need to do. I was told from the person i bought it from it is an expensive fix. I am wanting to know if i get another column should that fix the issue. Let me know thanks

G

·
Must be haunted!! There is a whole bunch of things going on in that steering column. unless you are experianced in electical take it to someone.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I would hold off on getting a new column. Sounds like the clockspring in the column is going bad. It isn't too hard to change out. But if you aren't comfortable, a dealer can do it fairly quickly. Also, for the fast blinking turn signal... check to make sure you don't have a bulb out. The system is designed to blink a turn signal fast if one of the bulbs goes out. It's a way to let you know it needs to be changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.