Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just joined and have a turn signal problem. The left turn signal on the dash stays lit solid constantly. When I turn on the left signal and do not have the headlights on, the dash lights flash on and off with the flasher. If I have the headlights on and do this, the left rear light stays bright and it and all the turn signals flicker a little. The turn signal chime comes on when the head lights are on and the signal lever is in the neutral position. If I turn on the right signal the chime goes away only to come back in a minute. This happened once before, but quit after a couple of days. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turn signal

Last night the problem took a new turn. My wife called to tell me the dash lights went out as she was driving home. This is usually a sign that the fuse is blown for the tail lights. I told her to turn on the 4 way flasher so she would have lights on the rear of the D.

She did and the dashlights started flashing with the 4 ways. I talked to a mechanic and he told me it sounds like a ground and he suspected G208. So this morning I went out to find the ground and clean it. Started the D and everything works fine. I tried moving the wires all around coming from the dash cluster to see if it would fail again, but nothing. Even with the headlights on, high or low, nothing. We will see if it comes back.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Isn't it just amazing what a bad ground can do? The electrical systems on cars is so complex nowadays that everything has to be just right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.