Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never knew about a car forum until I ran into a problem with my 2012 Durango recently that even the Dodge Service Center can't figure out. I thought I'd do some researching of my own and stumbled upon this site. I hope it will become a wealth of information for me! So if anyone reads this I'll do my spiel :blahblah:...I bought a 2012 Basic Model Durango. I have 4 daughters and needed something practical to lug them around in (Minivans are out of the question for this lady). I loved her the second I laid eyes on her, my black beauty, and I knew from that day forward not one :censored: goldfish cracker would find it's crumby little way into her pristine interior. I live in Colorado and had some friends over who wanted to see my black beauty so I took them on an amateur off-roading expedition in my vast backyard (the fine people in my city made their own course in my backyard). I wasn't mashing it around corners or flying over hills or anything, just enjoying a ride with friends. So I parked her outside of the garage because she was filthy. The next morning it was 102 degrees and I wanted to start the A/C and Shrek the Third DVD so the kids weren't baking and screaming. She started but NO A/C, NO DVD, NO WINDOWS, NO RADIO, just a NO BUS code on the odometer reader! I took her in to be looked at but by that time she was back on line with only a Check Engine light was on...The mechanics at my Dodge Dealership can't find a thing wrong with her and said they have to keep her until she acts up again to find what the problem is! I was pissed, called the Dodge 1800# and complained, NO HELP, called another local Dodge Dealership and spoke with a mechanic there, he said the computer could be fried or the connection is faulty but he couldn't help either. It's been 3 terrible days of driving around in a dreaded Dodge CaraVAN rental (At least it has solidified my husband's and my decision NEVER to buy a van). If anyone knows what the hell is going on with my baby please hit me up, my husband is perfectly capable of taking apart and putting back together a truck :) I only had the pleasure of driving her for 22 days and 700 miles :( Thanks for any help!:bye:

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2,550 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NC! I really don't have a clue on this one, hope you get it figured out quickly. Glad you joined, enjoy!

·
Registered
46 Posts
welcome to the forumZ

sorry to hear about your problems, and I can sympathize with your total rejection of the icky Van scene, unfortunately I don't have anything to offer in way of a solution either

Exco

·
Registered
481 Posts
:) Hello! Welcome to DurangoZ from SW Florida :)

Sorry to hear about your problems, hope they get it fixed quickly!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The no bus issue can be easily caused by a bad connection to the PCM. If this happened right after an off-road trip then I would suspect some mud or dirt in the connection.
Did the mechanic tell you what the code was for the check engine light? If the dash indicator was on then there was an error code in the computer. Star scan should have been able to tell them what it was.
I would try disconnecting the bettery, then pulling the connectors from the PCM and clean them with electrical contact cleaner. Then reinstall them and see if it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts