Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread does real well on the other Z forum's so lets see how it does here, and its cool just seeing what everyone does to there Rides. So I'll just get this party started : Today I washed both Rides and Clay Bared the Durango, and Man what a differance it made, smooth as a babys behind !!! Then waxed both, Im tired!!!

G

·
What did I do or what do I want to do

Detailed the interior!! Nothing I love more than getting in my baby after I have spent hours cleaning. I know there are no French fries between the seats no toys under the back seat and no caked up sticky soda in the cup holders. Sometimes after I have finished I just sit in her to enjoy the moment. I know it won’t last long.

G

·
drove it down the block just to heat it up and get the fluids circulating. Been out of commision for a couple of weeks can not afford repairs needed. But real clean inside!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did these few months ago.

Smoked tailights
Lemo tint all around
10000k hid headlight and foglight kit
Replace tailights with some led
Paint the oem rims gunmetal
Put police siren/horn with microphone so u can talk into the mic
Plasti dipped all the emblems
Truck now is matte flat black

I think that's about it for now. I tried taking the headlight out to paint the housing black like the RT but they have some special glue that won't let u take it out. I might take it to shop to see if they can take it out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My sons car on the right that I painted and everything to look like my car haha.

Working headlights
Plays iPod/mp3
Remote control so if he is to lazy to drive
Blue led lights
Talking car
Smoked tailights
Carbon fiber hood vinyl

This car was all gray and ugly until I modify it

·
Registered
949 Posts
I did these few months ago.

Smoked tailights
Lemo tint all around
10000k hid headlight and foglight kit
Replace tailights with some led
Paint the oem rims gunmetal
Put police siren/horn with microphone so u can talk into the mic
Plasti dipped all the emblems

I think that's about it for now. I tried taking the headlight out to paint the housing black like the RT but they have some special glue that won't let u take it out. I might take it to shop to see if they can take it out.
How did you tint your tails and what % did you use?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well all I did today was install two of three items that I got in the mail from Billet Technology:

DSC01229 by Rec 26 (SGT HEMI), on Flickr

The third one... Power steering cap. Well... it's the wrong one.

DSC01231 by Rec 26 (SGT HEMI), on Flickr

Debating on either trying to get the Blacktop Edition rims or just paint my OEMs completely black. That's my next major mod on my Durango. Already have quotes for front and rear sill plates and to have AAC Plasma HALOs installed at the Houston shop.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I do. Only two reasons I use those is if the dirt is caked on thick or there is no other one around and I'm in a rush. I normally use the "lazer" wash. There is one in my neighborhood. That's one thing I miss about Texas. They are everywhere!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I do. Only two reasons I use those is if the dirt is caked on thick or there is no other one around and I'm in a rush. I normally use the "lazer" wash. There is one in my neighborhood. That's one thing I miss about Texas. They are everywhere!!!
I wish the place here had one of those. It's one of those places where the high school kids/ illegal immigrants towel it off and clean the inside for you while you wait. I'm thinking I'll keep going unless I wash it myself. If it gets hazy I can aways break out the rubbing compound.

·
Registered
949 Posts
That is true but I rather just have a dedicated detailer .

1 - 20 of 73 Posts