·
Registered
949 Posts
and as for me...

picked up the SRT from the shop....

·
Registered
949 Posts
Advance Automotive Concepts. That video was made by them. They are also a vendor on the majority of the Z forums. Here is their link:

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/home.aspx

I'm planning on getting their Plasma Halos for my Durango after my move to El Paso.

·
Registered
949 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
As for me... got the Texas State Inspection done on my Durango and got her washed for free. Both done at the dealership.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I replaced the worn out gas struts on the rear hatch. After 3 years, I can finally throw out the prop stick. lol

·
Registered
949 Posts
Finally finished unpacking her.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got my '03 Durango SLT back from my mechanic today after having the whole front suspension rebuilt @182,000 miles. Had all the components replaced with Moog parts that have GREASE FITTINGS on them, so that they can be kept lubricated !
What a world of difference in ride and handling!
One old front wheel bearing was about to fall apart from rust!
Had one unexpected new surprise ---- my thermostat housing had a corrosion leak--
badly! And the thermostat itself was a rusty POS !
Glad he spotted that and replaced them, because on a 5.9L engine they are buried
under the A/C compressor and hard to see. Went to a 180 degree value, to insure
it stays cool in the summer in FL.
He spotted some "hot spots" on the front brake rotors so, they will be next on the to-do list!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here is my update!

I have had quite a few things done to my Durango since I last bored you with pics.
So, here is an update:
#1- shows the whole new front end look. Besides completely rebuilding the front suspension,
I had the “oops” taken out of the right front fender, and had the whole front end refinished with
new paint and clearcoat --- and then added the new grill and new headlights!
These last items gave me fits at first --- they were aimed right down in front of the truck!
Put the aiming pattern on the front of my workshop shed but then had a better idea. MEASURED the
adjustment settings on the old lights and transferred those dimensions to the new ones. Then it only took a
little fine “tweaking” to make them perfect.
#2 – Some time ago I removed the crossbars from the roof rack, since I don’t carry stuff up there. This was
done because years ago read a report from Detroit engrs. how roof racks cut gas mileage by up to 10%.
All the factory dolled and hopped up SUV’s have them off. So now I do too!
#3- This car came with a class 4 Reese hitch, which was not factory, but aftermarket. BUT, they never did any
hitch wiring! So I looked at a factory install. They had a protection sleeve around the wiring connector.
We took a piece of Oval HD tubing and welded it to the bottom of the hitch, next to the coupler sleeve.
I had a complete wiring kit that I had bought some time ago for another job, but we used it here and have it
wired up now to use a 4-pin set-up. Later, if I add a brake controller we will do the other connections for the
7-pin coupler that we installed.
#4- When I got this car the whole rear bumper cover was loosw, and gouged in the left rear corner, like it
had been backed into something, and popped some riveted brackets loose. In the refurbish plan, I had my bodyman
straighten out the bent brackets underneath, refasten them and refinish the rear bumper, as you now see it.
He did a fantastic job all around.
This is the same bodyman who redid my Caprice wagon when we had the boo-boos on it. He has done another
fantastic job, but we did have a “glich” occur. His assistant slamed the right rear door and the glass fell down!
It turns out that doors’ regulator is broken, so we are now investigating a replacement.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that we did new pads and rotors on the rear brakes before, but when the front end was rebuilt,
it was advised that we need to do the front brakes and rotors soon also.
We are also comparing some on-line pricing on switch panels to fix the door ones not working properly.
------- AND, I am still looking for a 16” spare wheel and tire! They are very hard to find used, and a new one is mega-bucks!
Still debating on a change in the exhaust system to improve the performance, along with the additions we already did for the
engine.
That is where I’m at ---- for now!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The K&N gives you a bit more growl under acceleration and we got over 24 mpg on our 3,500 mile trip.
My R/T is from a 1969 Charger R/T. I thought it would look great on the silver paint.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shadetree, Thanks for the info. I'll have to look for that R/T badge. i think it would look pretty good on the front grill instead of the dodge.. good to know that the CAI gives such a good improvement to the MPG.. thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
After having my brake booster recall done not due to choice but failure of the brake booster and almost getting into an accident I figure while it was in the shop I had my buddy mechanic install my brakemotive rotors and pads set for the front and back on my citadel and wow what a huge difference on stopping power ! Would highly recommend this setup if they're planning to do brakes and or a bigger tire and wheel setup.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts