Dodge Durango Forum - Forums and Owners Club! banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
There are two location for fuses on that model. One is under the hood on the driver's side. The other is on the driver's side end of the dash board. It's only visible when you open the driver's door.
I don't know exactly which fues it is. I don't see one marked for power windows on mine. I'll keep trying to figure it out though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are two location for fuses on that model. One is under the hood on the driver's side. The other is on the driver's side end of the dash board. It's only visible when you open the driver's door.
I don't know exactly which fues it is. I don't see one marked for power windows on mine. I'll keep trying to figure it out though.
thanks tymont, but i checked all of them, and rotated new fuses in for the old.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Here's what I've been able to find out so far. The power windows are protected by a 20 amp self resetting circuit breaker. If all the windows are not working then that would suggest either a power wire shorted to ground or a broken wire.
According to the wire diagram I have, there is a tan wire going to the Left and Right front window switches. These are the power wires from the circuit breaker.
I would start by checking power to these wires. With the key in the on position you should have power at the switch on the tan wire. If you have power to the switch then you probably have a bad switch. If the driver side switch goes out all of the other windows could quit working as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Similar thing happened to my '03 Durango a couple of months ago, to where now ONLY the driver's door window controls work, which they all 4 work from the driver side door, but the individual controls on the other 3 doors will not work to put the windows up and down, regardless of what I do with the window lock button (engage or disengage it)....does that sound like a fuse or something in the wiring to the window lock, or switch??

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Similar thing happened to my '03 Durango a couple of months ago, to where now ONLY the driver's door window controls work, which they all 4 work from the driver side door, but the individual controls on the other 3 doors will not work to put the windows up and down, regardless of what I do with the window lock button (engage or disengage it)....does that sound like a fuse or something in the wiring to the window lock, or switch??
This one is most likely a bad window lock button. You can use an ohm meter to check continuity on it. With the wires removed from the switch check the resistance accross the switch. In the lock position your meter should read OL. With it in the unlock position it should read some resistance, the amount is not relevant.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weather finally straightened up enough for me to look into it. guessing a previous owner had the door apart, because the plug in was not plugged in. simple fix lol. thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have random problem with this. Any given window will randomly stop working and then work again. usually it will start working again the same day. It's always only 1 that won't work. Sometimes I will go months with no problems then one will stop working, then work again. It's most irritating when this happens on the driver side when I'm trying to get my Dunkin Donuts in the drive-through. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
All the other window switches are powered from the drivers side. I would start by checking for a loose wire on the driver switches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 03 Durango SLT 5.9L recently purchased from a dealership. The driveside window controls work all windows. Passenager door works when it wants to....same with the rear drivesider controls. Also the panels those controls are in won't stay clipped in.....Any idea's of what's going on and how to fix it?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I have an 03 Durango SLT 5.9L recently purchased from a dealership. The driveside window controls work all windows. Passenager door works when it wants to....same with the rear drivesider controls. Also the panels those controls are in won't stay clipped in.....Any idea's of what's going on and how to fix it?
The clips must have been broken at some point when a previous owner had the door panels off. You will need new ones. I would check with a salvage yard before hitting the dealer. I would replace the panels and switches. It shouldn't be too expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The clips must have been broken at some point when a previous owner had the door panels off. You will need new ones. I would check with a salvage yard before hitting the dealer. I would replace the panels and switches. It shouldn't be too expensive.
Since I've posted that message I'm now finding that those window controls seem to work at night....BUT....not during the day. Thought maybe it had something to do with the lights being on. So the other day I turned the lights on and tried the windows....NOTHING!! LoL!! As soon as night came....they worked.....this issue is driving me nuts!!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Since I've posted that message I'm now finding that those window controls seem to work at night....BUT....not during the day. Thought maybe it had something to do with the lights being on. So the other day I turned the lights on and tried the windows....NOTHING!! LoL!! As soon as night came....they worked.....this issue is driving me nuts!!
Holy crap that's nutz! I can honestly say I've never heard of such a thing. Do you have auto headlights?
I don't see how the window circuit would be connected to the light sensor, but if someone has been messing with it, you never know. I would recommend either finding the wiring diagram for it or taking it to a reputable shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope don't have auto headlights LoL!!! Don't no much about cars so I guess this Dodge will be my guinea pig. Good thing I'm mechanically inclined. Really don't want to pay someone to figure it out. I suppose I'll be looking for the wiring diagram since the weather is already getting warm. I'll let ya know how I make out.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I would start by checking all ground connections under the hood. Make sure they are clean and tight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah it sounds like a wire is loose in the panel or a corroded pin in the switch itself. If your other switchs stop working and the window unlock is off then it might be the switch is broke a simple fix that someone told me is the yellow wire and tan wire on the driver side panel if you place a jumper wire on these two wires the other windows should work but it disables the unlock switch. good luck you all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drivers side window

I have a 98 Durango all the windows work except for the drivers side. Sometimes for no reason the drivers side will start working and work for weeks then all of a sudden quit with no warning when the window is in the down position.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts